Pomperaug Soccer Club posted 8/12/2021
Website updated 8/12
Email updates went out 7/28, 8/11
This email is going out to all Coaches/Assistant Coaches/Managers for the Fall 2021 season. Some updates and reminders below:
- All Roles (Coach/Asst. Coach/Manager) MUST register as a volunteer in the new Sports Connect system. Still need many of you to do this - please do not wait as it will take time for the additional steps to process and you cannot be added to an official CJSA rosters and coach a game. If you have not done so yet, you need to specifically register as a 'volunteer' HERE and do #2 below. (Please complete by ASAP)
- This is a new seasonal year so all returning and new volunteers have action items for CJSA: See the document under Hey Coach for details making sure the background check, concussion, SafeSport certification is completed, direct link HERE. (You cannot be added to the CJSA roster unless this is completed)
- Season Details:
- As of now, the NWD will be continue to manage the season using the 'old' League Athletics site at NWDteams.com vs the state system on US Soccer Connect.
- PSC Practice will tentatively start the week of 9/6.
- NWD Season starts the 9/11 weekend
- The Mandatory NWD Coaches meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 9/1. As of 8/30 was changed to a Zoom Call - details sent in email on 8/30 and time change for the Boys Teams start. Each team will need at least 1 representative to attend but we recommend everyone attend for new information.
- Girls: 6:30-7:00pm
- Boys: 7:15-7:45pm
- The Mandatory PSC Coaches meeting will be held virtually the day before Tuesday 8/31 6:30-8pm. Details for a Zoom meeting will be passed along shortly.
- Teams will start to loaded into League Athletics next week. You should all have a copy of your teams rosters with contact information.
- For the Head Coach, if you have not already, please reach out to your teams and introduce yourself, the assistant coaches, & managers if applicable. Feel free to organize anything informally before the week of 9/6.
- The PSC Trainer Practice schedule is being worked on and will be available about 2 weeks before the season starts - these practices will start at Settlers and then move to Community House about the 3rd week of September.
- The PSC Coaches practice options will vary for field availability and will be laid out closer to the season.
Stay tuned for more information and 2 calendar invites for the two coaches' meetings mentioned above.
- US Soccer Grassroots Coaching classes are being offered in the area. See details below and the costs will be reimbursed by the NWD for registering and completing the course. These are highly recommended for our Parent coaches.
7v7 In-Person Blended - Bristol, CT
Time: August 23, 2020 - Virtual - link will be sent to candidates 7-9pm
August 24, 2020 - Field 6-8pm 441 Emmett St, Bristol, CT 06010 - Bristol, CT
9v9 In-Person Blended - Bristol, CT
Time: August 25, 2020 - Virtual - link will be sent to candidates 7-9pm
August 26, 2020 - Field 6-8pm 441 Emmett St Bristol, CT 06010 - Bristol, CT
7v7 In-Person Blended - Wolcott, CT
Time: September 1, 2020 - Virtual - link will be sent to candidates 7-9pm
September 2, 2020 - Field 6-8pm 473 Spindle Hill Rd Wolcott Connecticut 06716
11v11 In-Person Blended - Wolcott, CT
September 2, 2020 - Virtual - link will be sent to candidates 7-9pm
September 3 ,2020 - 6:00pm -8:00pm - 473 Spindle Hill Rd Wolcott Connecticut 06716
Stay tuned for more information and thanks for your patience over the next few weeks.
And lastly… a Big Thank you in advance for taking the time to help make this and every season a success. This program cannot happen without volunteers like yourselves!